This fun activity week will promote designing, problem solving and thinking critically as we create with Lego. It not only compliments and enriches our curriculum; it will also stimulate our brains and challenge our thinking!
Here are some examples of the different learning opportunities for Lego:
- Maths: Patterns, measurement, estimating and counting, matching and sorting Lego bricks by colour and size.
- Design and Build: Replicate famous buildings, or create your own piece of architecture, or city of the future.
- Computing: using the We Do software to create moving models.
- Science: creating ramps for vehicles to travel. Build bridges that are long and strong. Opportunities to build animals (e.g. dinosaurs) and their habitats, with bricks.
- Literacy: Expressing our thoughts and ideas and sharing these with others through imaginative play, sequencing and story-telling. This can also include storyboards and ‘I can animate’ software.